Thursday, April 23, 2009

Yesterday's Meeting!

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:105

Thanks so much to Danny for speaking to us! He talked about the importance of the relationships we have as mothers of preschoolers: UP relationships (mentors in our lives), SIDE-BY-SIDE relationships (women who are in the same place we are), and DOWN relationships (people that are not as far along as us). He pointed out the importance of having a mixture of all three kinds of relationships in order to be the women that God wants us to be.

Isn't it wonderful that MOPS allows us to have all 3 kinds of relationships, helping us to become the women and mothers God wants us to be?!

Leave a comment about something from yesterday's meeting that you learned and would like to share!

1 comment:

  1. I too loved that Danny talked about the 3 relationships we need to have and how MOPS is a place where they can happen. I totally think that is why MOPS is great, I am being mentored & taught, trying to help someone with something I have went through or know about, and really enjoy being with fellow moms!

    I enjoyed Danny's analogy of putting your oxygen mask on before someone "traveling" with you. I know when I am spent I am not very patient, encouraging, and helpful to my kids. I just wish it was more natural/easier to take care of yourself as a mom! SB

    ReplyDelete